Refurbishment of superabrasive tools
Refurbishment of Tools
Refurbishment of Tools
Over 30% of our manufacturing capacity is involved in the servicing of our customers tools
Most superabrasive tools can be reworked. DSA has the manufacturing equipment and the expertise to offer a complete refurbishment service. To ensure optimum economical tool costs design features incorporating refurbishments should be taken into consideration. For further information please do not hesitate to contact us .
- Relapping: Tool edges will wear in application, relapping (reshapening) these edges will ensure optimum tool performance.
- Reforming (rewiring): Complicated or badly damaged forms can be reformed (rewired) to the correct form and edge quality.
- Retipping: Manufacturing costs are relatively high, if economical we will remove worn or damaged tips and replace with new .
- Replating Worn or damaged plated tools can be stripped and replated with a new diamond or CBN layer. If the form is damaged DSA has the facility to reform before replating.
- Resetting: Single point tools can have up to 6 working points, to ensure the maximum tool life we offer a reset service, diamonds are removed assessed and reset if economical viable.
- Refacet: Some applications require an extremely sharp point with very accurate positioning which can be achieved by faceting the diamond point.
- Relapping: Chisel and Cone points will wear in application The flanks and radii can be relapped to ensure optimum tool performance.
- Redressing: Diamond and CBN grinding wheels can be redressed to refresh and clean the wheel surface; we can also chamfer and radius if necessary.
- Rerimming: Diamond and CBN impregnated rims can be removed and new rims glued or bolted back to the wheel body saving wheel body manufacture.
DSA has a comprehensive machine shop covering every aspect of tool making:
CNC Turning – 5 axis milling – EDM wiring, die sinking and hole drilling – Specialist diamond grinding, lapping and polishing – Specialist diamond wheel dressing
Hot pressing 200c at 250 tons – Hot pressing 1400c at 60 tons with atmosphere – Induction heating – Brazing and welding – Manual turning, drilling and milling
Specialist laboratory equipment for mixing, crushing, sorting and grading diamond micron powders – Aerosol manufacture
CMM – Profile Projector – Optical microscopes – conventional inspection
Why select DSA
- UK manufacturing facilities
- Many years of expertise
- Research and development services
- Friendly team